Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thanksgiving Activities

I try to do at least one day of Thanksgiving activities for the kids. I will add to this in the next week.


Here is the list I choose from:

Cherry Pie song (younger)

Quilla Bung (I always do this for every grade)- a folk tale from the Singing Sack book




Twas the Night before Thanksgiving- a fun rhyming book




Old Turkey Dan 
(Play the game and sing the tune of Old Mother Witch)

Old Turkey Dan

Fell in a pan

Jumped out and ran away from Old farmer Dan

Are you my friend

Yes, ma’am (repeat 3 times)

No you mean old farmer 



Skim, Skim, Skim (I make butter with the first graders, but you could do this with other ages too)- See previous post for this song.

This is a Pumpkin Happy Poem- the Kindergarteners love it. Teach rhyming and emotions.

The Turkey Song

Here is a screen shot of the solfa and one of the rest of the lyrics.




Over the River and Through the Woods (Sing the  book and then have kids play bells to it)

Ho Ho Watanay- Iroquois song



Shoo Turkey Shoo

No comments:

Post a Comment