Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Costumes

I tried last year and this year, to dress up in something that is related to music. Last year, I was the Farmer in the Dell. It was a big hit, even among the kids. Many of the older kids even "got" it. I redid this recently (2014) to be updated with commercial clipart art so I can put it in my store, but added child sized pieces and a self checking key so you can use it in a center after you teach it to the kids and use the pieces for a costume. Get it HERE.

2012


This year, I am going to be the Old Lady who swallowed the fly. I found a plain apron, bought an old lady wig for about $7 and a pair of glasses with no glass in them for $1 at the Halloween store. I made some visuals and safety pinned them to the apron. Not bad, although my husband is a bit freaked out about the old lady wig. Haha.



Get visuals (Old Lady head plus tons of stuff added) to use on a magnet board, on sticks or on your costume HERE.

Another costume my students loved is "Old Mother Witch". They LOVE the old mother with game and we use variations for every holiday. I wore a witch costume with a big penny. Huge hit. I made a pack for it that includes:

1. The Song and game pieces for "Old Mother Witch".
2. Costume pieces for "Old Mother Witch".
3. Song and game for "Witch, Witch", a variation.
4. Lyrics for variations of "Old Mother Witch" for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, and Easter.
5. Coloring pages to match each lyric page.
6. Powerpoint with a colorful page with song lyrics for all plus a page of the music with lyrics for each song.


Find lots of fun "Old Mother Witch" stuff here

Have a wonderful Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. So adorable!! I wish the kids were allowed to dress up for Halloween at my school, I'd be all over that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really fun day. Too bad they don't let them dress up!

      Delete